Monday, August 4, 2008

Blueberry, Coconut and Lime Ice-Cream

I came across this interesting recipe from a dessert cookbook which I had borrowed from the library. And as blueberries are now being sold so much cheaper, I thought I'd try it out over a week-day night. Furthermore as I don't have an ice-cream maker, this recipe falls right up my alley.


Interestingly the prices of blueberries seem to have gone cheaper as well. Just the other day, I spotted organic blueberries being sold at $3.50 per 125g. This is the cheapest I've seen todate.

I've actually reduced the sugar in this recipe (from 140g to 120g) as I found it a bit too sweet. In addition, I also added an additional lime as I do like the tartness of lime in desserts.

Blueberry, Coconut and Lime Ice-Cream
(serves 4 - 6)

Ingredients:

3 limes
120g caster sugar
125g punnet blueberries
200ml carton coconut cream
285ml carton double cream
extra blueberries and lime wedges for serving

Method:

1) Finely grate the zest from 2 limes. Squeeze the juice from all 3 limes. Put in a small pan with the sugar. Heat gently, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the blueberries and simmer for 2 minutes, until the skins start to split.

2) Pour the blueberry mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. Stir in the coconut cream and mix. Cool in the refrigerator. Whip the double cream until it just holds its shape. Remove berry mixture from refrigerator. Gradually stire in the cream into the berry mixture. Put the bowl in the freezer for about 1 hour, until the mixture is set about 3 cm or 1/4" from the edges.

3) Remove from the freezer and whisk it all together (you can also use a fork to whisk). When it's fairly smooth, return to the freezer for 1 hour. Repeat the whisking process at least two more times. Transfer the ice cream to a rigid container, cover and freeze until firm.

4) Before serving, move the container to the fridge to soften slightly. Serve with extra blueberries and lime wedges.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from large medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

Related Posts with Thumbnails