Thursday, July 23, 2009

Strawberry Charlottes

I made some strawberry mousse recently as strawberries are now very much in abundance even though they are imported.



As it was only my husband and I who were enjoying the mousse, I decided to use the extra mousse for some strawberry charlottes. Instead of making the sponge fingers from scratch, I used store bought ones which I already have in my baking cupboard. The charlottes were supposed to have been topped with freshly whipped thickened cream but unfortunately in my haste I had over-whipped it and it split on me. I had no choice but to throw it away and it was such a waste! I am sure it would have been lovely sitting on top of the charlottes and would have been equally delicious. Anyway I still went ahead with the assembly of the entire dessert and topped each one with fresh strawberries and blueberries. These charlottes are so easy to put together and I'm sure they will wow your guests when served as individual desserts.





12 comments:

Anh said...

I love the look of this! So beautiful!

gaga said...

Hey Jo,

I just wanted to let you know that I've shared the One Lovely Blog award with you. Everything you make makes me drool and I love reading it.

http://gagainthekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-lovely-award.html

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow.....looks yum......

homeladychef said...

I agree! Now the strawberry and cherries are so in abundance! Nice job here!

The Duo Dishes said...

Love the 2nd picture. Looks like the perfectly sized dessert portion.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

They look so lovely! I haven't eaten lunch and now anything I have will pale in comparison.

Btw, if you add a bit more heavy cream to the over beaten cream it will come back together. I've tired it and its worked. (Use your best judgement on how much cream to add.)
~ingrid

Clumbsy Cookie said...

So cute and summery!

Ramya Kiran said...

Looks lovely!

Zoe said...

These are so pretty!

pigpigscorner said...

So pretty! Great use of mousse and berries.

Selba said...

Wow... so lovely!

Jude said...

This to me is the perfect summer cake. Been thinking of making a large version but I find the recipe rather intimidating.

Related Posts with Thumbnails